Inspiration for Thinking Outside the Box- Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor, Neuroanatomist Why you should listen to her: Dr. Taylor uses her brain research and experience with her own stroke to inspire us to think creatively. "Although the stroke damaged the left side of her brain, her recovery unleashed a torrent of creative energy from her right. From her home base in Indiana, she now travels the country on behalf of the Harvard Brain Bank as the 'Singin' Scientist." (To view prior videos featured here, please scroll to the bottom of this page.)

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Digital Marketing

According to its website,

“Stamats is the nation's leading provider of marketing solutions for higher education institutions, offering a full array of marketing services, including advertising, brand marketing, direct marketing, interactive media, planning and consulting, print media, and marketing research.”

Although Stamats focuses on higher education, many of their recommendations and observations are also applicable to other levels of educational institutions, as well as other types of nonprofits.

“QuickTakes” is Stamats enewsletter providing insights into topics such as organizational leadership, strategy and integrated marketing. The current issue of QuickTakes, includes a discussion of the “Top 10 Digital Promises for 2009.” Here are the suggested promises:

1. I will work from a clearly defined strategy.

2. I will focus on people first and then technology.

3. I will improve my content.

4. I will focus on simplicity.

5. I will make usability my first priority.

6. I will provide an experience.

7. I will move my Web site to the center of my marketing communications.

8. I will measure what I do.

9. I will engage social media in a strategic way.

10. I will take integration seriously.

To read the discussion related to each promise, just click on the title to this post.

1 comment:

  1. Digital marketing solutions is more than simply adding a website address to TV commercials or sending customer service text messages. Digital networks are now beginning to connect customers' computers to their house devices, such as televisions and game consoles.

    ReplyDelete